Office 365 and SharePoint Online Survey
PROV conducted a short, ten question survey on Office 365 and SharePoint Online throughout May 2019.
The purpose of the survey was to better understand how agencies were managing public records when using Office 365 / SharePoint Online.
A total of 34 responses were received that spanned nine sectors of Victorian government. Four responses were submitted anonymously.
The results of the survey showed that:
- Victorian government agencies were mainly using O365/SPO as collaborative and information sharing spaces.
- business rules and procedures were being used post-implementation to control records through governing user behaviour.
- technical configuration adjustments reported by agencies were minimal
- where there was integration with an EDRMS or ECMS, records were being managed externally to O365/SPO.
- of particular concern was the lack of confidence shown by respondents that risk to records was being managed within O365/SPO.
Digital Records Surveys 2016-17
PROV’s strategic objectives for 2016-17 included improving government recordkeeping by measuring a baseline of competency and collecting data to inform strategic projects to enhance agency digital recordkeeping.
A survey of Victorian government agencies regarding digital records was conducted in two phases over 2016-17.
The phase one survey was conducted on the storage and management of digital records held by a sample of ten Victorian government agencies of various sizes, functions, and levels of information management maturity.
The phase two survey was undertaken to obtain data from a broad selection of agencies regarding their current practice and future plans regarding the creation, management, storage and disposal of digital records.
Both surveys explored digital storage figures, systems used, capability to generate VERS Encapsulated Objects (VEOs) and agency intention to transfer digital records.
An overview of the findings, recommendations and statistical information obtained from the digital records surveys are provided in the following reports:
Physical Records Survey 2017
The 2017 Physical Records Survey was undertaken by PROV to obtain information from a broad selection of Victorian Government agencies about the older physical records they are holding. The survey focused on records still held by agencies which were created pre-1900 and from 1900-1985. Online surveys were sent to 200 agencies and 83 agencies provided responses to the questions and 81 provided information about the quantity of their holdings.