Overview of our key programs of work
Government Services undertakes many different programs of work including:
- Compliance testing
- Online training
- Policy development
- Retention and Disposal Authority (RDA) development
- Standards development
- Transfer of digital and hardcopy records to the Archive.
Three program areas that have intensive client involvement are reported upon below as job workflow dashboards. These dashboards outline the key stages of various projects currently underway.
Digital / Physical Transfer Programs
As a result of our Digital Archive Program of work we've had reduced capacity to take on record transfers. Our job workflow dashboards for digital and physical transfers will be re-published once we are able to return to our usual level of service with our transfer programs, which we anticipate to occur in the second half of 2020. See Transferring records to PROV for further service updates.
The RDA Program is managed by Government Services in conjunction with agencies, stakeholders and the Public Records Advisory Council (PRAC). Listed below are RDAs currently in development.
1. Project Registered: Project is on the jobs register and has been allocated.
2. Project Scope Approved: Plan has been approved by PRAC.
3. RDA Drafted: Includes research and documenting of functions, draft disposal classes and justifications for appraisal decisions.
4. RDA Endorsed: Stakeholder engagement (including PRAC) and RDA development completed.
5. RDA Issued and Published: The Keeper of Public Records has approved the RDA and it has been published.