Last updated:

May 8, 2019

What do I need to know?

The name or number of the school you wish to research. 

How do I search?

The search below will search records by  school name e.g. Northcote, type e.g. primary and Number e.g. 1401

About these records

These records of Victorian Government schools are the capital expenditure work files relating to the construction of school buildings and further extensions to state schools.

Who created these records?

The Education Department 1873-1954 (VA 714)

Next Steps

Once you have found records of interest to you, order them online and then view them in our Reading Room.

What are in these records?

These files may include any of the following records:

  • correspondence relating to the construction or extension of school buildings
  • plans or maps of the school land or buildings
  • approvals from the Public Works Department and the Minister
  • requisition for works
  • other correspondence and documentation relating to the construction of new school buildings.