The Victorian Community History Awards are presented by Public Record Office Victoria and the Royal Historical Society of Victoria to recognise the work of individuals and organisations that preserve and share Victoria’s history.
Entries for 2021 are now open!
Please read the conditions of entry carefully before entering. Entries close 5pm Wednesday 7 July 2021.
The Awards ceremony will be held in October 2021 coinciding with History Month. A shortlist will be announced approximately one month prior.
About the Victorian Community History Awards
Established in 1998, the Victorian Community History Awards are held annually to recognise the contributions made by Victorians in the preservation of the state’s fascinating history, published during the previous year. Presented by Public Record Office Victoria in partnership with the Royal Historical Society of Victoria, the awards celebrate the people involved in community history projects who are dedicated to telling local stories which help all Victorians to better understand their past.
The 2021 award categories include:
- Victorian Premier's History Award ($5000 prize)
- Collaborative Community History Award ($2000)
- Local History Project Award ($2000)
- History Publication Award ($2000)
- Local History - Small Publication Award (1500)
- Community Diversity Award ($1500)
- Digital Storytelling Award ($1500)
- Historical Interpretation Award ($1500)
- Oral History Award presented in collaboration with Oral History Victoria ($1500)
- History Article Award ($500)
For more information, call the Royal Historical Society of Victoria on 03 9326 9288 or email email@example.com