We are now accepting entries for the 2020 Victorian Community History Awards.
Established in 1998, the Victorian Community History Awards are held annually to recognise the contributions made by Victorians in the preservation of the state’s fascinating history, published during the previous year. Presented by Public Record Office Victoria in partnership with the Royal Historical Society of Victoria, the awards celebrate the people involved in community history projects who are dedicated to telling local stories which help all Victorians to better understand their past.
The 2020 award categories include:
- Victorian Premier's History Award ($5000 prize)
- Collaborative Community History Award ($2000)
- Local History Project Award ($2000)
- History Publication Award ($2000)
- Local History - Small Publication Award (1500)
- Community Diversity Award ($1500)
- Digital Storytelling Award ($1500)
- Historical Interpretation Award ($1500)
- Oral History Award presented in collaboration with Oral History Victoria ($1500)
- History Article Award ($500)
Download the entry form now and post it into the Royal Historical Society of Victoria, 239 A'Beckett Street, Melbourne 3000.
Submit your entry online via https://www.historyvictoria.org.au/victorian-community-history-awards-2020/
There have been a few changes to this year's entry requirements and categories so make sure to read through the entry form carefully before submitting.
Entries close 5pm Wednesday 8 July 2020.
For more information, call the Royal Historical Society of Victoria on 03 9326 9288 or email email@example.com