You're currently using the new search functionality. If you'd like to use the old search functionality, please click on the slider to the right. You may need to perform a search again if switching between old and Beta versions of the site.
Author: Public Record Office Victoria
Author Hazel Edwards is offering a year-long non-fiction masterclass next year, with the aim of participants completing their books by December 2019. The workshop will run in the Victorian Archives Centre conference room on the first Friday of each month throughout 2019.
This year-long course will appeal to procrastinators and those involved in a non-fiction book length project who wish to finish their manuscripts within the year. Subjects can include memoir, autobiography, 'how to' books and family histories. You can enroll regardless of what stage you are at with your book. All participants will be required to present a draft chapter each session.
This is the third year this masterclass has been run at the Victorian Archives Centre with all participants from previous years completing family histories and other non-fiction works within the year, many utilising the records of Public Record Office Victoria and National Archives within their research. Some past participants have also crafted additional, history-based picture books for children in their families using their research.
Topics to be covered include:
- pitching proposal
- title importance and non-boring elements
- possible structures and narration perspectives
- anecdultery and story shaping
- research skills including interviewing
- value of work-shopping chapters
- query letters
- publishing processes and options
- participants will also receive a short tour of the archives during one of the sessions.
The 2019 class will:
- be limited to 25 participants
- include 3-hour monthly sessions on the first Friday of each month throughout 2019, 10am to 1pm on the following dates:
Participants should try to attend all 12 sessions in order to get the most out of the course. Hazel's invoiced fee is to be paid in full, direct to Hazel, at the first session. Hazel's fee is $600 plus GST ($660) for the year with no refunds if you decide to drop out before the end of the course.
To register for this course please contact Hazel Edwards via email at firstname.lastname@example.org